Las Vegas is quickly becoming a haven for startups, as more and more founders are choosing to do business in the state. With its 24-hour culture and mentality, the city offers a great place to start a business for many reasons. Zappos chose the city center for its office, and Nevada is consistently ranked as one of the United States' best states to do business. Corporate interests and big business may dominate on the Strip, but some of the country's favorite family stores are also located in Las Vegas, according to a recent survey by Yelp and Entrepreneur.
Despite the positive news, there is still room for growth in the Las Vegas startup environment and more capital needs to be attracted to the market. As an entrepreneur, you're likely to put in 80 to 100 hours a week. This means that you'll be awake at strange times and you might not be sleeping much. But when heading to Las Vegas to start a business, you should first look for the best area for your industry.
With Las Vegas' intentional business community, you'll have resources at your fingertips that you can't find in every city. Despite the fact that it may seem expensive when you go there on vacation, it's not so expensive for business owners. Now that you have the proper knowledge about Las Vegas as a business destination, it's time for you to start the process of starting a business in Las Vegas. Here are five of the top reasons why you should start your business in Sin City:
- 24-Hour Culture: Las Vegas is a 24-hour city with a 24-hour culture and mentality.
It is a city open 24 hours a day, with many people working around the clock.
- Business Rankings: On the Forbes list of the best states to do business, Nevada was ranked 21st. On CNBC's list of the best states to do business, Nevada was ranked 29th and, on the U. S. News list of the 10 best states to do business, Nevada ranked sixth.
- Diverse Communities: The Las Vegas area is so diverse that, to find the best place, an entrepreneur has to explore each community to find the perfect fit.
- Family Stores: Corporate interests and big business may dominate on the Strip, but some of the country's favorite family stores are in Las Vegas.
- Startup Support: With its intentional business community, entrepreneurs have resources at their fingertips that they can't find in every city.
Silicon Valley and New York City may get most of the press coverage, but Sin City is an increasingly important player in American business circles. Thanks to several factors, Las Vegas has made an expanding name for itself as a destination for startups and their founders. Las Vegas offers entrepreneurs an ideal environment with its 24-hour culture and mentality, diverse communities and supportive startup environment. With all these advantages combined, it's no wonder why more and more entrepreneurs are choosing Las Vegas as their destination of choice when starting their businesses.